Friday, May 4, 2012

The Fonts Of Faith


Were Faith to be Fonts?
 I would wish it was bold
VERY BOLD.
I would wish it was in black and white
Very legible
I wish the fonts of faith were cursive
Startling in beauty and very sure
I wish faith were scrolled in many beautiful colors
Very attractive


But the fonts of Faith are barely seen
The tiny scribbling of a toddler
The silent bowing of questioning heart
The muffled sobs of a bereaved mother
The invisible tears of a torn heart
The shrill clang of pebbles on coffins
Like the possessed boy's father saying
"I believe help thou my faltering"


The fonts of Faith are as tiny as the mustard
As unsure as the toddler's first steps
Yet He says even if your Faith is fainter than mine
That is just enough.
Just enough to have joy back
Just enough to have your son back
Just enough to make all of heaven stop
Just enough
Because he was a tender shoot from a hard ground
He knows how to use little, unsure things
So
The fonts of my Faith are not big and bold
They are not impressive or certain
They like a pre-schoolers colour book
But
He meets me half way
He steadies my steps
Holds my hands
Wipes my tears
Changes my diapers
Makes big things from the nothingness of my state.

1 comment:

  1. Faith happens to be one of my favorite topics, one im very passionate about. the bible says 'without faith, it is impossible to please God'

    we go through challenges in life where what determines whether you will come out of it or not is your faith, and yes, a mustard seed sized font will do.

    ReplyDelete